What the Rise of ChatGPT Means for B2B Marketers
Estimated Read Time: 3 minutes
Intended Audience: Microsoft Partners, B2B Marketers, B2B Business Owners
The use of artificial intelligence has been a hot topic in recent years as businesses focus on enhancing customer experience and providing stellar customer support, all while reducing operating costs. In fact, the number of Artificial Intelligence (AI) tools that companies are currently employing has doubled since 2018, and more companies are expected to begin incorporating AI as an integral part of their B2B marketing strategy.
One such AI tool is ChatGPT, a chatbot launched by OpenAI in November 2022. ChatGPT has quickly taken over the internet and garnered attention for its detailed responses and knowledge across many areas. Let’s dive deeper into what ChatGPT is and how you can utilize it in your marketing efforts.
What is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is a powerful chatbot that demonstrates just how sophisticated AI can be. When asked a question, ChatGPT uses natural language processing and artificial intelligence technology to provide quick and accurate responses that sound natural. With its ability to handle a wide range of queries and provide answers to users in real-time, ChatGPT is a valuable AI tool that can help businesses elevate their customer experience.
While artificial intelligence has been on the market for a while, ChatGPT rose to popularity soon after its release and has even been labeled the best AI chatbot ever released to the public. ChatGPT can be used by businesses for a variety of applications, some of which we’ll discuss below.
Can you Leverage ChatGPT for your B2B Marketing Efforts?
Businesses can utilize ChatGPT for their marketing efforts in a variety of ways, including:
- Customer experience (CX): ChatGPT can improve customer satisfaction by providing detailed responses to customer inquiries in real-time and thus saving businesses time and effort to tend to more complex tasks.
- Content curation: ChatGPT can help businesses with content curation by providing a variety of informative resources and quick summaries on many topics to help optimize campaign efforts.
- Market research: ChatGPT can streamline your market research efforts by quickly telling you about the key players in your industry and providing audience insights to help guide your marketing efforts.
- Social media engagement: ChatGPT can help write content for social media, as well as brainstorm titles or descriptions for content to be used elsewhere.
- Data analysis: ChatGPT can analyze large volumes of text-based data to help you identify trends and patterns in audience engagement, which can help steer your marketing campaigns.
Why You Still Need a B2B Marketing Agency
While ChatGPT is a solid AI tool, it does have its limitations. Everything that it writes or creates is based on the information it processes from pre-existing data or content. It isn’t capable of its own original thoughts, which means that while companies may be able to use it to create advertising copy, marketing emails, and social media posts, it won’t be as innovative as if a creative human wrote it.
ChatGPT is definitely ‘smart’, but it can’t replace the personal touch that humans can bring to marketing. A marketing agency or department can strategize complex campaigns and come up with holistic ideas for marketing campaigns that align with set business goals, something that ChatGPT just can’t do. In addition to this, the content generated by ChatGPT still needs a human touch to verify everything that is written for accuracy and consistency with brand messaging, value proposition and promise.
ChatGPT is intended to complement your marketing efforts, as it cannot replace human expertise and thought. So, the best way to use it is in conjunction with your own tools and techniques. It is certainly a powerful tool that can help you with market research, content marketing, and social media, but it can’t provide you with the distinctness that a B2B strategic marketing agency brings to enable you to define your category of one away from the crowd.
Elevate Your Marketing Efforts with the Mavens
Ai is certainly revolutionizing the field of marketing, but the need to differentiate your voice in an oversaturated marketplace can only be fulfilled by strategic human intervention and craftsmanship. Let the Mavens help you craft a holistic marketing strategy that incorporates the best of both to elevate your brand and make you stand out in the sea of sameness.